As a member of a local chapter of JCI Florida, we all pay annual membership dues. Want to know how to get the most out of those dues and your membership? JCI USA has an app for that! That’s right, Jaycees, the United States Junior Chamber has a program designed specifically for you to make the most of time, effort, and money you put in to being a Jaycee…it’s called Passport to Civic Leadership. The program consists of 10 levels (“degrees”) that you can use as a guide to becoming a more active member of your chapter and your community. Each level contains 5 steps (“tasks”), and once you complete all 5 tasks in a level, you will be recognized at our state convention, and once you complete all 10 degrees, you will be recognized at National Convention.
“How do I get started?” you ask. It’s easy…just pull out your smart phone and search for the JCI USA mobile app. Once you download it (don’t worry, it’s free), just click on the Passport icon, and start checking off tasks as you complete them. And no, you do not have to do them in order. Your chapter President will receive notifications to approve each task you complete, and may even remind YOU to check off tasks on your Passport.
More good news! At our February 2015 conference, the Executive Board approved an incentive program to get more chapter leaders and members involved in this national program. Here are the rules and prizes:
- If 100% of your membership completes at least 5 new tasks by July 15th, you will receive 1 free August State Conference registration.
- If 75% of your membership completes at least 5 new tasks by July 15th, you will receive half off your August State Conference registration.
- If 50% of your membership completes at least 5 new tasks by July 15th, you will receive a Party Pack at August State Conference.
- If you complete at least 10 new tasks by July 15th you will receive a JCI Florida Pin.
- If you complete at least 15 new tasks by July 15th you will receive a medallion and membership in the President’s Club (complete with access to an invite-only social)
Click here to download the official Passport to Civic Leadership Program Guide (it contains everything members and chapter presidents need to know), but you can also reach out to JCI Florida Passport Program Manager, Michael Holliday, at firstname.lastname@example.org.